What We Do
ACE SOUTHERN’s focus is being the leading dental surgical supplier by bringing innovative products and solutions to our customers around the world.
With over 90 years of combined expertise and a comprehensive product portfolio, ACE SOUTHERN is a strong resource for today’s busy dental practice. We pride ourselves on delivering a great customer experience each time, whether it’s in person, over the phone, or through our website, we always strive to exceed your expectations.
Recently, ACE Surgical Supply and Southern Anesthesia and Surgical (SAS) came together as one. As ACE SOUTHERN, we’ve enhanced our manufacturing processes, combined warehouses ensuring your products on time, every time, and have teamed with some of the best in class suppliers to bring a more comprehensive product offering to you. Our goal is to deliver a great customer experience through our suite of full service surgical solutions.
Coincidentally, the founders of each company had a similar mission - to fulfill a need within the dental surgical community. ACE Surgical Supply was started by an Oral Surgeon in 1966 who had just started his practice in the Boston area, he had realized quickly that Oral Surgery products were nonexistent. Almost three decades later, the same could be said for controlled substances and pharmaceutical compliance. In 1984 Southern Anesthesia was founded by a pharmacist in South Carolina. Both men realized that they could help support and empower the community by offering products and expertise to their customers.
As ACE SOUTHERN continues to build on that legacy, advancing the dental surgery community, we are confident that you can rely on us to deliver innovative products, surgical solutions, product expertise, and competitive pricing to your practice.
Both companies share a long, rich history
Dr. J. Edward Carchidi, DDS founds ACE Surgical Supply Company in 1966
- Company headquarters are moved to Brockton, MA
- The first ACE branded product (IV Extension tube) is put into production
- The first catalog is created and distributed to dental professionals throughout the US
- ACE attends our first Annual Meeting of the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (AAOMS)
- A new building is constructed to accommodate a full-service repair department and office space
- Full computerized IBM system is installed in order to run the daily business operations in the warehouse and front office
- The first surgical instrument catalog is created and distributed
- Mike Stamps, a local hospital pharmacist, founds SAS after noticing the need for a pharmaceutical and supply source for practices doing in-office sedation, specifically Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons.
- ISO8 Clean Room is built in the ACE Surgical compound
- ACE expands into the European market with headquarters in Lisbon, Portugal
- ACE achieves ISO9001 Certification
- ACE introduces its first line of dental implants
- Southern Anesthesia and Surgical forms a partnership with AAOMS Services, Inc., now known as AAOMS Advantage.
- ACE introduces its first bone regenerative product, RCM6 (resorbable collagen membrane), into the marketplace
- ACE launches a full regenerative product portfolio, which includes brands such as NuOss, alloOss, and conFORM
- Henry Schein and ACE Surgical partnership begins (CEO Stanley Bergman and Dr. Carchidi pictured left)
- SAS moved into their current office and distribution center in West Columbia, SC
- Southern Anesthesia and Surgical forms a partnership with the American Association of Periodontology. The partnership is today known as Perio Perks.
- infinity Dental Implant Systems are launched worldwide
- ACE becomes the first dental manufacturer to obtain the American Association of Tissue Bank (AATB) accreditation
• The e222 ordering system is implemented, giving customer access to online ordering of schedule II narcotics
• RX Alerts are introduced to help customers stay ahead of difficulties created by shortages and backorders
• A new distribution facility is opened in Reno, Nevada providing 2-day shipping to customers across the country